Hope you will like this savoury tart by Helen Best-Shaw, who has lovingly created this recipe for us...
With excellent quality ready-made puff pastry available in all the supermarkets there is no need to make your own. For the speediest preparation buy the ready rolled pastry.
This tart is quick to make, and is perfect for a relaxed weekend lunch or a speedy after work supper. Freeze any left-over pastry to use at a later date.
1 table spoon WhyNut Pistachio Paste
1 dessert spoon olive oil Generous handful rocket leaves
Zest of ½ a lemon – finely grated Generous pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
1 x sheet ready rolled butter puff pastry
60g Goats’ Cheese log
sliced 12 small sweet cherry tomatoes – cut a cross onto the top of each one.
1 table spoon WhyNut Pistachio Nuts A few slivers of parmesan
- Blend the pistachio paste, olive oil, rocket (reserving a few leaves), lemon zest, salt and pepper in to until you have a coarse puree. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Unroll the pastry and cut a circle with a sharp knife using a dessert plate as a guide. Place the cut pastry onto a baking tray and score a 1 ½ cm border around it.
- Spread the pistachio, rocket pesto on to the pastry inside the score line. Arrange the goats’ cheese slices and tomatoes on the pesto.
- Bake according to the packet instructions, or for 20 – 25 minutes at 220C / GM7 until the edge of the tart is golden brown and the edges have puffed up.
- Serve immediately scattered with the reserved rocket, WhyNut Pistachio nuts and parmesan.
Recipe, photography and styling by Helen Best-Shaw (www.fussfreeflavours.com) for Why Nut
Leave a comment