Rich, intense and full of flavour, pistachio spread is the perfect alternative to Nutella. Why not make double the quantity below and pack it into little jars to make gorgeous homemade gifts for friends and family this Christmas? The recipe and pictures are by Littleloaf for WhyNut.
Makes one jar
200g Why Nut pistachio paste
100ml vegetable oil
75g skimmed milk powder
60g icing sugar, sifted
30ml inverted sugar or honey
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- In a blender, combine the pistachio paste, vegetable oil, milk powder, icing sugar and inverted sugar and blitz to form a smooth paste.
- Add the vanilla bean seeds and salt and blitz for a couple of seconds more to combine.
- Transfer the paste to an airtight glass jar.
- If you can’t find inverted sugar, you can substitute honey – a liquid sweetener with very similar properties. The cream will have a slight honey flavour which works wonderfully with the pistachios.
- Because you’re using pistachio paste rather than whole nuts, this recipe should work in any blender – no need for an extra powerful or high-speed version.
- Pistachio cream is perfect for flavouring whipped cream, stirring into oatmeal, spreading on toast or simply eating by the spoonful.
- If you’re a fan of nut spreads, make sure to check out our recipe for chocolate hazelnut spread
Leave a comment